Police: NJ man stole women's underwear
WEST GOSHEN, Pa. - April 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a New Jersey man is a serial underwear thief who targeted the laundry rooms of two Pennsylvania apartment complexes.
Jeffrey A. Lloyd, age 44, of Bridgeton, New Jersey, was arrested back on Friday at the Goshen Manor Apartments. Police say Lloyd's arrest marked the end of a search that began last fall.
The first incident in this case was reported on November 17, 2011 at the Waterview Apartments in East Goshen Township. In that case, police say a woman reported that 26 pieces of underwear were stolen on two separate occasions from the laundry room.
Police say surveillance cameras captured images of the suspect, but no one knew who he was.
On December 26th, a woman at the Goshen Manor Apartments reported to West Goshen Police that, since September, someone had stolen 20 articles of underwear from the laundry area of her apt. building.
Still, no one knew who was doing this.
Then, back on Friday, managers at the Goshen Manor Apartments noticed a man on surveillance camera acting suspicious and called police. Officers arrived to find Lloyd and began to question him. After allegedly finding 12 pieces of women's underwear on his person, police took Lloyd into custody.
"It's unbelievable, this should be a safe neighborhood for everybody. Our children are here playing and it's just unreal," said resident Christine Beckett.
"It's crazy, it makes you feel unsafe, makes you feel like you can't even do everything with where you live at. People going through your laundry? What else are they doing?" said resident Andrew MacDonald.
The Westtown-East Goshen Regional Police Department charged Lloyd with four counts of theft by unlawful taking or disposition and four counts of receiving stolen property.
Lloyd had been arraigned and is free on $5,000 bail. A preliminary hearing was set for Tuesday but has been continued to a later date.
pennsylvania, new jersey, chester county, cumberland county, theft, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death 20 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos