Police: Report of missing teen in river unsubstantiated
PAULSBORO, N.J. - April 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police tell Action News units from Burlington County Marine Services responding to the report of a missing teen in the Delaware River have determined the report to be unsubstantiated.
There was, however, damage to a dock which prompted the search.
At 5:09 p.m., Gloucester County 911 received a call that a boat overturned off the coast of Paulsboro.
The caller said a teenage boy was on the boat and he didn't surface.
Then a second report came in saying the boy was in the river and hanging onto a pier.
The search has been called off for tonight, but crews are expected to return tomorrow when they will utilize sonar technology to eliminate the possibility that someone is actually missing.
The Coast Guard was also called in to help in the search.
new jersey, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 28 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 26 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 31 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more