Police: Report of missing teen in river unsubstantiated
PAULSBORO, N.J. - April 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police tell Action News units from Burlington County Marine Services responding to the report of a missing teen in the Delaware River have determined the report to be unsubstantiated.
There was, however, damage to a dock which prompted the search.
At 5:09 p.m., Gloucester County 911 received a call that a boat overturned off the coast of Paulsboro.
The caller said a teenage boy was on the boat and he didn't surface.
Then a second report came in saying the boy was in the river and hanging onto a pier.
The search has been called off for tonight, but crews are expected to return tomorrow when they will utilize sonar technology to eliminate the possibility that someone is actually missing.
The Coast Guard was also called in to help in the search.
new jersey, local/state
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 8 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 20 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 45 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 34 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
45 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos