Police: Report of missing teen in river unsubstantiated
PAULSBORO, N.J. - April 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police tell Action News units from Burlington County Marine Services responding to the report of a missing teen in the Delaware River have determined the report to be unsubstantiated.
There was, however, damage to a dock which prompted the search.
At 5:09 p.m., Gloucester County 911 received a call that a boat overturned off the coast of Paulsboro.
The caller said a teenage boy was on the boat and he didn't surface.
Then a second report came in saying the boy was in the river and hanging onto a pier.
The search has been called off for tonight, but crews are expected to return tomorrow when they will utilize sonar technology to eliminate the possibility that someone is actually missing.
The Coast Guard was also called in to help in the search.
new jersey, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station