Pickup goes into water at Penn's Landing
PENN'S LANDING - April 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was pulled from a pickup truck that had been driven into the Delaware River at Penn's Landing.
The call came in around 8:15 a.m. Wednesday for the incident in the 700 block of Christopher Columbus Boulevard.
When police arrived they found a green pickup truck that had been driven into the river, which is only three feet deep in the area.
The Philadelphia Police Marine Unit helped the man out of the vehicle and back onto dry land.
That man has not yet been identified.
Investigators have determined that the man was trying to take his own life.
philadelphia, water rescue, accident, local/state
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death 29 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank 21 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain 58 min ago
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Down At The Shore