Pickup goes into water at Penn's Landing
PENN'S LANDING - April 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was pulled from a pickup truck that had been driven into the Delaware River at Penn's Landing.
The call came in around 8:15 a.m. Wednesday for the incident in the 700 block of Christopher Columbus Boulevard.
When police arrived they found a green pickup truck that had been driven into the river, which is only three feet deep in the area.
The Philadelphia Police Marine Unit helped the man out of the vehicle and back onto dry land.
That man has not yet been identified.
Investigators have determined that the man was trying to take his own life.
philadelphia, water rescue, accident, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 20 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare 28 min ago
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours 10 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 18 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila....
20 min ago
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
18 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for...
10 min ago