Classes canceled after fire at Del. private school
WILMINGTON, Del. - April 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Middle and Upper School classes have been cancelled for the rest of the week, following a three-alarm fire at the Wilmington Friends School.
Fire officials say Tuesday's blaze, which broke out at about 12:45 p.m., injured two firefighters and caused an estimated one million dollars of damage at the school.
No students or staff members were injured.
RELATED: See photos of the fire
The cause of the fire is still being investigated.
School administrators tell Action News they hope students will be able to retrieve their belongings from the school sometime this week.
Classes are expected to resume Monday.
The Lower School, located on an adjacent campus, was not affected by the blaze.
Classes there resumed Wednesday on a normal schedule.
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 10 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 16 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 21 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church 27 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 45 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 36 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 45 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
16 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
21 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila....
36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
37 min ago