Classes canceled after fire at Del. private school
WILMINGTON, Del. - April 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Middle and Upper School classes have been cancelled for the rest of the week, following a three-alarm fire at the Wilmington Friends School.
Fire officials say Tuesday's blaze, which broke out at about 12:45 p.m., injured two firefighters and caused an estimated one million dollars of damage at the school.
No students or staff members were injured.
RELATED: See photos of the fire
The cause of the fire is still being investigated.
School administrators tell Action News they hope students will be able to retrieve their belongings from the school sometime this week.
Classes are expected to resume Monday.
The Lower School, located on an adjacent campus, was not affected by the blaze.
Classes there resumed Wednesday on a normal schedule.
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 19 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses 3 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 12 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed 20 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious...
19 min ago