Arrest in Upper Darby barbershop killing
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - April 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have announced an arrest in a deadly shooting at an Upper Darby barbershop.
27-year-old Sharif Wynn of Philadelphia was arrested in the 100 block of North Madison Street Thursday.
Wynn claims the shooting was accidental.
Police say Wynn was dating the victim's ex-girlfriend.
The shooting happened yesterday at 2:00 p.m. at a barbershop on Copley Road.
Police say the gunman walked up to the victim, who worked at the barbershop, and demanded money.
Authorities say though the worker gave the gunman money, he was then shot in the head.
Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood told Action News the barbershop worker appears to have been targeted.
Medics rushed the victim to Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Find out about Breaking News as it happens. Sign up for 6abc.com Breaking News Alerts.
pennsylvania, shooting, robbery, delaware county, upper darby, local/state
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Witnesses: Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade 47 min ago
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case 31 min ago
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion 16 min ago
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen