Arrest in Upper Darby barbershop killing
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - April 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have announced an arrest in a deadly shooting at an Upper Darby barbershop.
27-year-old Sharif Wynn of Philadelphia was arrested in the 100 block of North Madison Street Thursday.
Wynn claims the shooting was accidental.
Police say Wynn was dating the victim's ex-girlfriend.
The shooting happened yesterday at 2:00 p.m. at a barbershop on Copley Road.
Police say the gunman walked up to the victim, who worked at the barbershop, and demanded money.
Authorities say though the worker gave the gunman money, he was then shot in the head.
Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood told Action News the barbershop worker appears to have been targeted.
Medics rushed the victim to Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Find out about Breaking News as it happens. Sign up for 6abc.com Breaking News Alerts.
pennsylvania, shooting, robbery, delaware county, upper darby, local/state
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 28 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 22 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in...
28 min ago