Arrest in Upper Darby barbershop killing
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - April 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have announced an arrest in a deadly shooting at an Upper Darby barbershop.
27-year-old Sharif Wynn of Philadelphia was arrested in the 100 block of North Madison Street Thursday.
Wynn claims the shooting was accidental.
Police say Wynn was dating the victim's ex-girlfriend.
The shooting happened yesterday at 2:00 p.m. at a barbershop on Copley Road.
Police say the gunman walked up to the victim, who worked at the barbershop, and demanded money.
Authorities say though the worker gave the gunman money, he was then shot in the head.
Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood told Action News the barbershop worker appears to have been targeted.
Medics rushed the victim to Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Find out about Breaking News as it happens. Sign up for 6abc.com Breaking News Alerts.
pennsylvania, shooting, robbery, delaware county, upper darby, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 3 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler! 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 28 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 20 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 47 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
57 min ago