Silent Bandit strikes again
MARLTON, N.J. - April 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police and the FBI are on the hunt for the man they call the silent bandit.
The FBI says the Silent Bandit has struck again Wednesday afternoon, this time in Flemington, N.J. Two weeks ago, it was at a PNC Bank in Marlton, N.J.
In all, the FBI says the bandit is responsible for six bank robberies this month.
Surveillance video from a bank robbery inside a Giant grocery store in Richland Township, N.J. captures the silent bandit approaching a bank teller and handing her a note.
He appears to have gun in his waistband, and he makes off with an undisclosed amount of cash.
"He has shown the butt end of a weapon, and it appears it might be a revolver," said Joseph Bushner.
FBI agent, Joe Bushner, says the Silent Bandit has robbed banks all across the region from Flemington and Marlton, New Jersey to Warminster and Richland, PA. He uses a note and doesn't speak.
Except for one occasion, when a teller didn't realize there was a bank robbery and offered him a piece of candy. He said no.
And all the banks have been inside grocery stores.
Investigators believe he's comfortable in them, and the busy stores allow him time to do surveillance of the bank tellers before he strikes.
"You could have eyes on the bank in a way that the bank doesn't realize. You are looking at a food item; looking at the medicine, but you're checking things out. You're looking to see who is on working security, who is on shift, who is going off, and you can't do that in a bank," explains Agent Bushner.
The FBI wants you to take a close look at him.
He has olive skin and a bushy mustache. He is in his late 40's to mid 50's, and he always wears a hat.
"I think he's very brazen," said Stephanie Berg. "They should catch him and arrest him."
The investigators do not have a complete description of the make or model of the getaway vehicle. They just say that he leaves in a gold or silver sedan.
new jersey, bucks county, bank robbery, local/state, chad pradelli
- Boy killed in Chester accident ID'd
- Unsettled to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman pulled from Phila. collapse loses both legs
- Committee sets hearings on demolitions in Phila.
- Video: Dash cam view of Lindenwold school bus crash
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Monday's storms
- Multi-alarm fire at titanium plant in Berks
- Girl, 4, dies after crash that killed father
- Burlington taxi driver death ruled homicide, victim ID'd
- Photos: 7 arrests in Phila. prostitution cases
- Automatic renewal contracts
- Tracy ties it in 9th, but Phils win in bottom half