Suspects named in parking attendant brick assault
PHILADELPHIA - April 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have issued arrest warrants for a man and woman wanted for the brutal assault of a Center City parking lot attendant earlier this month.
Investigators are now looking for 37-year-old Ronald Moore of the 6300 block of Reedland Street and 36-year-old Tamika Wilkins of the 5500 block of Catherine Street for their alleged roles in the assault.
It was 7:42 p.m. back on April 4, 2012 when 30-year-old Asrat Mamo was sitting on a stool outside his booth at the EZ Park parking lot, located at 1309 Locust Street. Surveillance video captured the moment when a woman went into the booth and stayed there for about 7 minutes, conversing with Mamo.
VIDEO: View surveillance video of the attack
Another woman in a pink sweatsuit and a man approached Mamo and then left. The man then came back and hit Mamo on the side of the head with a brick. He and the woman in the booth then left with Mamo lying unconscious on the ground.
The three suspects then flagged down an Old City Taxi cab and took off.
Police have not indicated the exact roles they believe Moore and Wilkins played in the incident or if they have any relationship with the victim.
"Obviously the female that was in the booth, he had a conversation with that person for over seven minutes so there was some knowledge between the two," said Evers. "They knew each other in some way. The other two approached several times and there was a conversation between the group."
Robbery does not appear to be a motive. Mamo still had cash and his cell phone in his pocket. And there's no loose cash in the booth since it all goes into a safe the attendant has no access to.
The company that owns the lot, E-Z Park, is putting up a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the attackers. That money can be claimed with a tip to the Citizens Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS.
philadelphia, assault, center city, local/state
- 40 homes threatened in NJ forest fire 2 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos