Phila. family seeks closure, justice for murdered father
PHILADELPHIA - April 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Northeast Philadelphia family is hoping for the same type of closure. It has been more than 6 months since a 57-year old man was killed outside his home and no arrests.
It was Monday night, October 10th of last year around 8:30pm. The scene is the 4000 block of Nice Street in the Tioga-Nicetown section of Philadelphia. That's where they found 57 year old Francisco Rivera.
The Northeast Philadelphia man had been shot in the head and killed outside of his home. He was lying next to his prized 1981 Chevrolet Camaro. The engine was still running.
His sister and brother-in-law say Rivera was living with them while his home was being renovated. They say his was a Jack of all trades.
"He was a very nice guy; would do anything for you. He was kind of like a general contractor," said Lionel Archer.
"He will be greatly missed by all of us," said Milagros Rivera-Archer. "He was a great friend, great uncle, great son."
Police are still searching for suspects, but so far there have been no arrests.
That is way the Citizens Crime Commission is offering a $6,000 reward. In addition, the city of Philadelphia is posting a reward of up to $20,000 for information leading to an arrest and conviction.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Citizens Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS or call the 215-686-TIPS.
"We called him Keeko. If you knew Keeko, you knew he was a really good guy. If you know anything, please come forward and state what you know," said Archer.
You can all either TIPLINE. It is a call that could be worth up to $26,000.
crimefighters, homicide, philadelphia, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 16 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
16 min ago