Car windows smashed in Germantown
GERMANTOWN - April 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- It was a rude awakening for people in Philadelphia's Germantown neighborhood. Someone broke the windows on about a half dozen cars.
Neighbors on Carnation Street are outraged, and who can blame them? They came outside this morning to discover car windows shattered, and now they're left to deal with this very expensive destruction.
At least five cars were hit by the vandals just after 10:00 p.m. Monday along the 6300 block of Carnation Street. This is just the latest in a number of vandalism cases across the city.
Neighbors say BB-sized holes were found in the windows of some cars, so it is believed the windows were shot out with a BB gun. Car windows are in pieces and in some cases there are multiple windows struck on each vehicle.
Residents were out through the night taking stock of the damage and covering it up - absolutely livid that these acts of vandalism will cost them their own time and money.
Jay Johnson just bought his car and is now going to have to spend even more money replacing the windows. He tells Action News, "I just got it, you know. And my insurance company don't even want to hear about this, you know. So, most likely this here will come out of my pocket."
One of the victims, Sherrie Waldorf, explains, "This gonna cost me money because I have to take off work to get my window fixed tomorrow."
If you have any tips for authorities, please contact police.
philadelphia, vandalism, germantown, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apartments 9 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
6 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
9 min ago