Bears interrupt weather report at Pa. TV station
SCRANTON, Pa. - April 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A mama bear and three of her cubs were caught on camera at a northeastern Pennsylvania television station seconds before a live weather report was about to begin.
It happened during the 11 p.m. newscast Monday at WNEP-TV in Scranton. The station has a landscaped outdoor area it calls "the backyard" with trees and a water fountain for its weather segments.
Meteorologist Kurt Aaron said he heard something behind him and when he turned around, a black bear was 10 feet away. He said he ran inside and did his report from indoors while a camera continued to show the bear family exploring.
pennsylvania, scranton, animals, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 20 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 13 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act