Police: 2 young men steal bras in NJ
MARLTON, N.J. - April 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Evesham police are investigating what some might call an "unmentionable" crime.
Police say two young men walked into to the Victoria's Secret store at Marlton Square on Route 73 Saturday night just before closing.
However, they weren't after cash, but bras, unmentionables, ladies lingerie.
They stuffed 30 of them, $1,600 worth, into a GAP bag they brought in with them.
"They knew exactly what they wanted, where it was and they had a getaway plan of who was picking them up in the car waiting outside," Evesham Police Detective Sgt. Joe Friel said.
Cameras caught the two tearing out of the store once they grabbed the undergarments.
So why are two guys stealing bras?
"They're targeted because it's a high-end retail store that specializes in these high-end garments. They're worth a lot of money," Friel said.
Some sell for almost $100 each.
Authorities say Victoria's Secret has been hit by bra thieves probably a dozen times over the last several years.
The surveillance video isn't great, but police want you to take a close look at the suspects.
"If you recognize these two individuals or have any information, please give the Evesham Police Department a phone call," Friel said.
Police are hoping to catch the bandits and even though the stolen goods are bras, so far none of the detectives working the case has gone "undercover."
new jersey, theft, local/state, nora muchanic
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police