NJ state trooper finds over $783K in traffic stop
FORT LEE, N.J. - April 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two men from New York face charges after a New Jersey state trooper found more than $783,000 in their vehicle during a traffic stop.
State Police say the trooper stopped the SUV because it was driving erratically on Interstate 95 in Fort Lee.
The trooper found the money in a box and a hydraulically-operated compartment hidden in the vehicle.
Franklin Delacruz and Jose Tremillo-Carnillo of the Bronx, N.Y., are charged with money laundering and conspiracy. They're each held in the Bergen County Jail on $500,000 bail.
It's not known if the men have attorneys.
new jersey, money, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep 20 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police seek missing woman and her baby
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 9 min ago
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death 55 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- DA: Woman gambled away stepson's inheritance 44 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Central Pa. man arrested for 2 DUIs in 2 hours
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's