Pa. man faces child rape charges after porn plea
DINGMAN'S FERRY, Pa. - April 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- A northeastern Pennsylvania man who already pleaded guilty in a federal child pornography case now faces rape charges.
Online court records don't list an attorney for 45-year-old Michael Bonsignore, who appeared before a Pike County magistrate Tuesday on dozens of charges including rape of a child and rape of a mentally disabled person.
Authorities allege Bonsignore sexually assaulted an autistic girl and bragged in an online conversation that the girl wouldn't be able to communicate with anyone about the assaults.
Bonsignore was first arrested last year after investigators in Sweden noticed a return address for the county domestic relations office on an envelope in one of the videos. He pleaded guilty in February to sexual exploitation of children.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for May 2.
pennsylvania, child porn, child sex assault, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 19 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees 27 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids