Atlantic City Council considers giving mayor raise
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - April 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Atlantic City Council is set to vote Wednesday on an ordinance that would give Mayor Lorenzo Langford a more than $15,000 raise.
The measure would set the mayor's salary at 1 percent more than the highest paid civilian employee. Municipal Judge Bruce Ward earns $117,697 so the mayor's salary would get a 15 percent boost to $118,874 in January.
The Press of Atlantic City reports Republicans are trying to put the policy up for a citywide vote.
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City, http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com
atlantic city, atlantic county, new jersey, local/state
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect 52 min ago
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church 4 min ago
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies 13 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp. 51 min ago
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE 39 min ago
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7 33 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot...
52 min ago
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in...
51 min ago
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown...
4 min ago
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings...
13 min ago