Car crashes through railing of Ocean City, N.J. boardwalk
OCEAN CITY, N.J. - April 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two people were charged after a car crashed through a boardwalk railing in Ocean City, New Jersey.
Christian Winzcuk, 21, of Philadelphia and Hyeyeon Ju, 26, of Jenkintown were arrested and charged after the Tuesday night crash.
Police say the two were walking along the beach when one of them lost a cell phone. During the effort to find it, police say they drove a car up onto the boardwalk, using the headlights to illuminate the beach.
When they tried to drive off the boardwalk, police say they somehow lost control of the car and crashed through the railing.
In a photo released by Ocean City Police, the car could be seen on its side.
Both Winzcuk and Hyeyeon were treated for minor injuries. They face a number of charges, including DUI-related offenses.
new jersey, cape may county, accident, DUI, local/state
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park 21 min ago
- Another Beauty
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Shots fired at man sitting on steps in Point Breeze 32 min ago
- Water main break buckles road in South Philly 48 min ago
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park
21 min ago