Parents to stand trial for death of 6-year-old Khalil Wimes
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - April 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- The parents of a Philadelphia boy who was allegedly starved and beaten to death will stand trial on murder charges.
Latiff Hadi and Tina Cuffie were in court for a preliminary hearing on Wednesday. They were previously known as Floyd and Tina Wimes.
Their son, 6-year-old Khalil Wimes, weighed just 30 pounds when he died back in March, approximately half the weight for a child his age.
Police say Khalil's parents drove him to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Hospital staff called 911 when they saw the boy and the condition he was in.
He was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Action News later learned that Khalil was removed from his parents care when he was just a week old, but his parents eventually got him back, against the advice of case workers and other family members.
philadelphia, child death, child abuse, south philadelphia, local/state
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler 16 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Driver, passenger hurt in Cheltenham Township crash
- Video: Father, son to graduate college together 20 min ago
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- Cloudy And Cooler
16 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos