Driver facing pot charges after slamming into pole
WINSLOW TWP., N.J. - April 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is facing marijuana possession charges after crashing his car into and up a utility pole Thursday morning in Camden County, New Jersey.
Police say it all happened at 12:39 a.m. on Erial Road in Winslow Township.
The driver, identified as Effay Johnson Jr., was travelling east on Erial Road when his 2002 Dodge Neon left the roadway and struck a utility pole, snapping the pole in half.
Johnson was not injured in the crash, but was arrested at the scene for possession of marijuana.
marijuana, illegal drugs, camden county, new jersey, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?