Driver facing pot charges after slamming into pole
WINSLOW TWP., N.J. - April 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is facing marijuana possession charges after crashing his car into and up a utility pole Thursday morning in Camden County, New Jersey.
Police say it all happened at 12:39 a.m. on Erial Road in Winslow Township.
The driver, identified as Effay Johnson Jr., was travelling east on Erial Road when his 2002 Dodge Neon left the roadway and struck a utility pole, snapping the pole in half.
Johnson was not injured in the crash, but was arrested at the scene for possession of marijuana.
marijuana, illegal drugs, camden county, new jersey, local/state
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text 24 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport