Driver facing pot charges after slamming into pole
WINSLOW TWP., N.J. - April 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is facing marijuana possession charges after crashing his car into and up a utility pole Thursday morning in Camden County, New Jersey.
Police say it all happened at 12:39 a.m. on Erial Road in Winslow Township.
The driver, identified as Effay Johnson Jr., was travelling east on Erial Road when his 2002 Dodge Neon left the roadway and struck a utility pole, snapping the pole in half.
Johnson was not injured in the crash, but was arrested at the scene for possession of marijuana.
marijuana, illegal drugs, camden county, new jersey, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad