Delaware's counties get 'F' in terms of ozone days
DOVER, Del. - April 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- The American Lung Association says Delaware's three counties grade among the lowest when it comes high ozone days.
New Castle, Kent and Sussex all received a grade of F association's annual State of the Air report released on Wednesday.
In terms of particle pollution, Kent and Sussex received the highest grade, an A, while New Castle received an F. Particle pollution consists of several components, including metals and soil or dust particles.
delaware, environment, local/state
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 57 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 25 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 11 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 17 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 48 min ago