Man, 19, arrested for Facebook porn
RADNOR, Pa. - April 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 19-year-old man has been arrested for alleged pornography crimes involving teenage girls he found on Facebook.
Radnor Police say Neil Geckle is a sick individual.
They say he printed Facebook photos of four teenage girls, committed lewd acts on them, then reposted them on their Facebook pages.
"I remember the day those girls walked in here," said Radnor Police Chief William Colarulo. "It was February 29th. They walked in here and they were hysterical."
Three of the girls go to Radnor High School. The other goes to Conestoga.
Geckle graduated from Radnor last year, but was not friends with the alleged victims.
"And just to make this matter worse," said Colarulo, "he did it in his grandmother's bedroom. That is where he carried out these acts of child porn."
Radnor Police contacted the Delaware County Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force to assist in the investigation. Detectives there quickly identified Geckle, who was using a fake name on Facebook.
Geckle said nothing as he was led to jail Thursday.
Investigators say when questioned, he thought his alleged acts were no big deal. But the judge obviously does.
He set bail at $100,000 cash.
"I would be very surprised if he doesn't look at a significant amount time in prison," said Colarulo."And he can think about that kind of joke when he's sitting in a cell at night."
Police have seized Geckle's computer. It is being searched for evidence of more victims or other child pornography.
pennsylvania, pornography, child porn, teens, facebook, local/state, chad pradelli
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids