South Jersey police shoot, kill barricaded man
BELLMAWR, NEW JERSEY - April 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Sources say a police officer shot and killed a man who had barricaded himself inside a South Jersey apartment.
It happened just before 10:00 p.m., on Thursday at Bellmawr Manor, on West Kings Highway in Bellmawr, Camden County.
At least three officers responded and discovered that 37-year-old Michael Wood was barricaded inside a relative's apartment.
Upon entering the apartment, officers found Wood holding a knife.
During the incident one of the officers fired his weapon.
The suspect was taken to Cooper University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The officer who shot Wood has been placed on administrative leave.
The incident remains under investigation.
new jersey, gloucester county, police, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking 43 min ago
- Record Warmth! 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall...
43 min ago
- Record Warmth!
28 min ago