NJ man arrested after Facebook chat with teen
WAYNE, N.J. - April 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities have arrested a registered sex offender on charges of having a sexually explicit chat with a teenage boy in New Jersey.
Kevin Wild of Ramsey is charged with endangering the welfare of a child. The 28-year-old was convicted of child exploitation in Arizona's Maricopa County.
The Passaic County Sheriff's Office says authorities launched a five-month investigation after the North Haledon boy's parents contacted them and said the suspect had tried to engage their child in inappropriate chat on Facebook.
Authorities say an investigator posed as the boy online and engaged in sexually explicit exchanges with the suspect.
It's not known whether Wild has a lawyer.
new jersey, facebook, child luring, local/state
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police