NJ man arrested after Facebook chat with teen
WAYNE, N.J. - April 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities have arrested a registered sex offender on charges of having a sexually explicit chat with a teenage boy in New Jersey.
Kevin Wild of Ramsey is charged with endangering the welfare of a child. The 28-year-old was convicted of child exploitation in Arizona's Maricopa County.
The Passaic County Sheriff's Office says authorities launched a five-month investigation after the North Haledon boy's parents contacted them and said the suspect had tried to engage their child in inappropriate chat on Facebook.
Authorities say an investigator posed as the boy online and engaged in sexually explicit exchanges with the suspect.
It's not known whether Wild has a lawyer.
new jersey, facebook, child luring, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion 25 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls 31 min ago
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill 33 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 20 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
25 min ago
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East...
31 min ago
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts...
20 min ago
- SPCA rescues abandoned dog in Germantown
24 min ago