NJ man arrested after Facebook chat with teen
WAYNE, N.J. - April 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities have arrested a registered sex offender on charges of having a sexually explicit chat with a teenage boy in New Jersey.
Kevin Wild of Ramsey is charged with endangering the welfare of a child. The 28-year-old was convicted of child exploitation in Arizona's Maricopa County.
The Passaic County Sheriff's Office says authorities launched a five-month investigation after the North Haledon boy's parents contacted them and said the suspect had tried to engage their child in inappropriate chat on Facebook.
Authorities say an investigator posed as the boy online and engaged in sexually explicit exchanges with the suspect.
It's not known whether Wild has a lawyer.
new jersey, facebook, child luring, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 1 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 30 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 28 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 50 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos