Police: Delaware couple dead in double homicide
GREENWOOD, Del. - April 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say the deaths of an elderly couple in Sussex County have been ruled a double homicide.
76-year-old Harvey Cashwell and his 66-year-old wife, Carolyn Cashwell, were found inside their home in the 28000 block of Liden School Road in Greenwood around 5:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Police had been called by neighbors who said they were concerned because they had not seen the couple or observed any activity at the home in days.
Investigators said the details of this case, including the manner of death, were not being released because of the ongoing investigation.
There was no word on any arrests or suspects in this case.
Police ask anyone with information to contact Detective William Porter at 302-531-5892 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333. Information may also be provided via the internet at www.tipsubmit.com. Also, you can send an anonymous tip by text to 274637 (CRIMES) using the keyword "DSP."
sussex county, delaware, suspicious death, local/state
- At least 11 hurt in East Harlem building explosion 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 48 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money 25 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death