Police: Knife held to victim's throat in robbery
PHILADELPHIA - April 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Police Department is looking for two suspects in a violent robbery at a convenience store in which one of the suspects held a knife to the victim's throat.
It happened at 2:45 a.m. on Thursday at the 7-Eleven store in the 2900 block of Cottman Avenue.
In surveillance video released by police, the victim can be seen getting out of his minivan and walking to the store. A few moments later, a car pulls up and an unknown male gets out, opens the victim's door, and searches the compartments.
The victim then returns to his minivan and that's when the suspect approached him with a knife. The suspect puts a knife to the victim's throat and begins making demands.
The victim can then be seen throwing something on the ground, described by police as personal property. The suspect reaches down, picks up that property, gets in the car and takes off.
That car is described as a small to medium red or burgundy car with Pa. license plate HSS-7257. The car was driven south on Brous Street.
The man with the knife is described as a white male, about 25 years old standing 5'10" tall weighing 160 pounds. He was wearing a gray t-shirt with the words "Moores Inlet" on the front. He was also wearing gray sneakers, jeans and a black baseball cap.
Another man with the knife-wielding robber is also described as a white male, about 25 years old, 5'10" tall weighing 160 pounds. That man had dark brown hair with a slight beard, wearing a blue t-shirt, blue jeans with a white belt and blue sneakers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215.686.TIPS (8477) or through the police website at phillypolice.com.
philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del.
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- New push to revitalize West Philly's Lancaster Ave.