Lawyer wants accused tire slasher's bail lowered
PHILADELPHIA - April 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- The man accused of slashing tires in Mayfair - remains in jail but his lawyer wants his bail reduced.
44-year-old David Toledo - the self-proclaimed town watchman turned vandalism suspect is being held on $270,000.
Authorities say Toledo is responsible for damaging dozens of vehicles in his Mayfair neighborhood over the past several months.
Toledo's lawyer William J. Brennan told Action News that he is worried about his client's safety.
"I think that until we get a little more assurance that there is not some vigilante out there, he has some concerns and so do I," he said.
Brennan also says Toledo has received threats and his wife moved out of the couple's Aldine Street home as a precaution.
Toledo is facing 60 criminal counts for his alleged connection in the tire slashings.
mayfair, vandalism, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow is turning the ground white again! 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow is turning the ground white again!
5 min ago