Lawyer wants accused tire slasher's bail lowered
PHILADELPHIA - April 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- The man accused of slashing tires in Mayfair - remains in jail but his lawyer wants his bail reduced.
44-year-old David Toledo - the self-proclaimed town watchman turned vandalism suspect is being held on $270,000.
Authorities say Toledo is responsible for damaging dozens of vehicles in his Mayfair neighborhood over the past several months.
Toledo's lawyer William J. Brennan told Action News that he is worried about his client's safety.
"I think that until we get a little more assurance that there is not some vigilante out there, he has some concerns and so do I," he said.
Brennan also says Toledo has received threats and his wife moved out of the couple's Aldine Street home as a precaution.
Toledo is facing 60 criminal counts for his alleged connection in the tire slashings.
mayfair, vandalism, philadelphia, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 4 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 23 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street 25 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- South Street area restaurants damaged, burglarized
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges 8 min ago
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 11 min ago
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
4 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela...
11 min ago