Lawyer wants accused tire slasher's bail lowered
PHILADELPHIA - April 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- The man accused of slashing tires in Mayfair - remains in jail but his lawyer wants his bail reduced.
44-year-old David Toledo - the self-proclaimed town watchman turned vandalism suspect is being held on $270,000.
Authorities say Toledo is responsible for damaging dozens of vehicles in his Mayfair neighborhood over the past several months.
Toledo's lawyer William J. Brennan told Action News that he is worried about his client's safety.
"I think that until we get a little more assurance that there is not some vigilante out there, he has some concerns and so do I," he said.
Brennan also says Toledo has received threats and his wife moved out of the couple's Aldine Street home as a precaution.
Toledo is facing 60 criminal counts for his alleged connection in the tire slashings.
mayfair, vandalism, philadelphia, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police