Stray horse runs through traffic on the Blvd.
PHILADELPHIA - April 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's not every day you see a horse high tailing it up Roosevelt Boulevard in Philadelphia. But where did the horse come and where is it now?
A horse traveled down one of Philadelphia's busiest highways Friday raised a lot of questions and caused a little commotion as it merged into traffic.
"I think it's very bizarre," said Charity DiEgidio.
Charity DiEgidio was heading north on the Roosevelt Boulevard with a friend around 1:00pm Friday when she spotted the animal trotting alone without a rider.
She pulled out her iPhone around Rising Sun Avenue, hit record and gave Action News the exclusive video.
"He was cutting through, he was like changing lanes running down the busy highway, and then he made a left and ran down the street," Charity said.
The extra horsepower on the major roadway in the urban area had people doing a double take.
Jose Matos was cooking at a store on the corner when he looked up and saw the horse galloping through the intersection.
Believe it or not this was the second day in a row that a horse was spotted sans rider in the same area.
Thursday, a police horse got away during a pursuit on Rising Sun Avenue and was wrangled on the 7200 block of Oakley Street.
Witnesses say an officer was hot on the horse's trail.
Police say it probably ran off from Hunting Park where people typically ride their horses, which is why the saddle was still on.
The 25th Police District could only say it appears the animal didn't cause any accidents and was more than likely back in the hands of its owner.
DiEgidio says the horse appeared to be abiding by traffic laws. "Actually he seemed to be abiding by all the rules. He was a very smart horse."
roosevelt boulevard, philadelphia, animals, local/state, kenneth moton
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire 37 min ago
- Winds Ease Overnight 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault 51 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
32 min ago
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
37 min ago
- Trenton pastors make a stand against violence
29 min ago
- Millions heading to Rome as 2 popes become...
48 min ago