Thousands gather for annual "Rutgers Day" festival
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. (AP) - April 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Thousands of people have gathered at Rutgers campuses to get an up-close look at the university and its many offerings.
The highlight of the annual daylong "Rutgers Day" event on Saturday was the Scarlet-White intrasquad spring football game.
But the outdoor festival - which school officials say drew an estimated crowd of 75,000 people, roughly the same as last year - also featured numerous events and various programs targeting children and adults.
Each campus focused on specific topics - such as technology, performing arts and sciences - to showcase student talents and program offerings. Among the featured events was the New Jersey Folk Festival - which this year featured the music and culture of Bulgaria - and a major physics exposition.
rutgers university, new jersey, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos