Thousands gather for annual "Rutgers Day" festival
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. (AP) - April 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Thousands of people have gathered at Rutgers campuses to get an up-close look at the university and its many offerings.
The highlight of the annual daylong "Rutgers Day" event on Saturday was the Scarlet-White intrasquad spring football game.
But the outdoor festival - which school officials say drew an estimated crowd of 75,000 people, roughly the same as last year - also featured numerous events and various programs targeting children and adults.
Each campus focused on specific topics - such as technology, performing arts and sciences - to showcase student talents and program offerings. Among the featured events was the New Jersey Folk Festival - which this year featured the music and culture of Bulgaria - and a major physics exposition.
rutgers university, new jersey, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish