5-hour standoff ends without incident in Olney
PHILADELPHIA - April 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- An afternoon long standoff in Olney ended without anyone being hurt after 5-hours.
Police closed off the 100-block of Clarkson Street around 1:00pm Saturday afternoon.
A violent man was throwing things out of a window including a microwave and some furniture.
A SWAT team was called to the scene.
Police eventually went in and captured the man. They believe he may have been high on an illegal drug.
He was taken to Einstein Hospital for evaluation.
standoff, olney, philadelphia, local/state
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 34 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 58 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos