5-hour standoff ends without incident in Olney
PHILADELPHIA - April 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- An afternoon long standoff in Olney ended without anyone being hurt after 5-hours.
Police closed off the 100-block of Clarkson Street around 1:00pm Saturday afternoon.
A violent man was throwing things out of a window including a microwave and some furniture.
A SWAT team was called to the scene.
Police eventually went in and captured the man. They believe he may have been high on an illegal drug.
He was taken to Einstein Hospital for evaluation.
standoff, olney, philadelphia, local/state
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft 1 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer 4 min ago
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Video: New warning about scams targeting seniors 16 min ago
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy 44 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy...
4 min ago
- Sarah Bloomquist checks on area roads
23 min ago
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy
44 min ago
- Top surfer got her start at the Jersey shore
24 min ago