Bomb squad called to restaurant in Wilmington, Delaware
WILMINGTON, Del. - April 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Bomb experts are investigating some suspicious items found Monday in the basement of a restaurant in Wilmington, Delaware.
Members of the Wilmington Fire Department were conducting a routine safety check Monday at Madeline's Restaurant at 6th and North Dupont Street, when they found items in the basement that appeared suspicious.
The fire officials notified Wilmington Police, and the bomb squad was dispatched to the scene. The area was declared a crime scene as crews began their investigation late Monday afternoon.
The streets around the restaurant were blocked off and traffic was being restricted in the area as the investigation continued late Monday night.
Find out about Breaking News as it happens. Sign up for 6abc.com Breaking News Alerts.
delaware, bomb scare, wilmington, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases