15 hospitalized after CO leak in Port Richmond
PORT RICHMOND - May 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- A carbon monoxide leak in a Philadelphia home sent 15 people to the hospital.
Crews were called out to the 1900 block of Buckius Street in the city's Port Richmond section Monday night.
One house was evacuated because of high levels of the odorless, colorless carbon monoxide gas.
Firefighters found the source of the leak next door in a basement.
Police say they believe the address is used as an illegal boarding house.
Three homes were evacuated.
carbon monoxide, bridesburg, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Stormy to spectacular 59 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list