Coroner: Woman died in childbirth at Pa. home
EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. - May 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say a woman found dead in a vacation home in Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains died while giving birth to a stillborn premature baby.
Police are continuing to investigate 41-year-old Bibi Farrouq's death, which they had called suspicious.
Monroe County Coroner Bob Allen says he believes Farrouq died from a medical problem resulting from complications of the delivery. A cause of death is pending the results of toxicology tests.
Farrouq's body was found Saturday. An autopsy found she'd been dead at least 10 days.
A state police investigator tells the Pocono Record Farrouq's husband is a truck driver who found his wife's body after arriving at the home from New York City with his four children.
pennsylvania, childbirth, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 24 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse 37 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 16 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began 20 min ago
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad