Coroner: Woman died in childbirth at Pa. home
EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. - May 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say a woman found dead in a vacation home in Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains died while giving birth to a stillborn premature baby.
Police are continuing to investigate 41-year-old Bibi Farrouq's death, which they had called suspicious.
Monroe County Coroner Bob Allen says he believes Farrouq died from a medical problem resulting from complications of the delivery. A cause of death is pending the results of toxicology tests.
Farrouq's body was found Saturday. An autopsy found she'd been dead at least 10 days.
A state police investigator tells the Pocono Record Farrouq's husband is a truck driver who found his wife's body after arriving at the home from New York City with his four children.
pennsylvania, childbirth, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 43 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 30 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City 30 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 2 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death 35 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 2 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 39 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 26 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos