Coroner: Woman died in childbirth at Pa. home
EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. - May 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say a woman found dead in a vacation home in Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains died while giving birth to a stillborn premature baby.
Police are continuing to investigate 41-year-old Bibi Farrouq's death, which they had called suspicious.
Monroe County Coroner Bob Allen says he believes Farrouq died from a medical problem resulting from complications of the delivery. A cause of death is pending the results of toxicology tests.
Farrouq's body was found Saturday. An autopsy found she'd been dead at least 10 days.
A state police investigator tells the Pocono Record Farrouq's husband is a truck driver who found his wife's body after arriving at the home from New York City with his four children.
pennsylvania, childbirth, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park 17 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 win over Reds 1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos