Police: Waitress brought food, took jewelry
AMBRIDGE, Pa. - May 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a western Pennsylvania waitress they say swiped jewelry from the home of a widower under the guise of delivering food to the grieving man.
Ambridge police charged 24-year-old Karri Kathleen Villella with burglary, theft and other charges on Monday for allegedly stealing jewelry that belonged to the man's late wife.
Investigators say Villella admitted taking two rings the man noticed missing and taking a house key she used to return and steal more items.
Authorities say the victim thought Villella was bringing him food because he was a regular customer at the restaurant where she worked and often sat in her section.
Villella is being held on $10,000 bail. Court records don't list an attorney for her.
pennsylvania, theft, local/state
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today 13 min ago
- Storm Tracker 6 and AccuWeather
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load 51 min ago
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution 30 min ago
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by...
51 min ago