Police: Armed robber in custody after shooting
SPRING GARDEN - May 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say a 39-year-old man was shot during a robbery in Spring Garden
The incident took place just after 8:00 p.m. at 9th and Brown streets.
Police say an armed robber shot the man in the right shoulder.
The victim was taken to Hahnemann Hospital in stable condition.
The male suspect, described to be in his 20s, ran off, but was apprehended by police on the 700 block of North 7th Street a short time later.
philadelphia, spring garden, shooting, robbery, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 56 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 23 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 21 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 22 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
56 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
40 min ago