Police: Armed robber in custody after shooting
SPRING GARDEN - May 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say a 39-year-old man was shot during a robbery in Spring Garden
The incident took place just after 8:00 p.m. at 9th and Brown streets.
Police say an armed robber shot the man in the right shoulder.
The victim was taken to Hahnemann Hospital in stable condition.
The male suspect, described to be in his 20s, ran off, but was apprehended by police on the 700 block of North 7th Street a short time later.
philadelphia, spring garden, shooting, robbery, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ