Downed wires pin truck driver in his cab
ARDMORE, PENNSYLVANIA - May 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- The driver of a tractor trailer clipped some wires on a Montgomery County street late Wednesday night, and in the process took down a utility pole.
It happened around 10:40 p.m., near the Ardmore Post Office on the unit block of Ardmore Avenue in Ardmore.
Some of the downed wires also ended up draped across about 20 postal trucks.
The driver of the rig was trapped inside his cab for a short period of time while utility workers cut off power to the wires.
He was not injured.
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 57 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 24 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom