Suspect wanted in Point Breeze car break-ins
POINT BREEZE - May 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the man who smashed a car window before taking personal items from the vehicle - and it was all caught on camera.
It was 5:00 p.m. back on April 11, 2012 when a man on a bicycle approached several parked cars near the corner of 17th and Annin Streets in the Point Breeze section of the city.
The man smashed out a window on one of the cars. He then reached in and took personal items, including a laptop in a carry case.
Surveillance video captured the man making entry into other vehicles parked along the 1700 block of Annin Street.
He then hopped on his bicycle with the stolen items and rode away.
The suspect is described as a black male, between 20 and 30 years of age, with short hair, heavy build, wearing glasses, a green jacket, a blue shirt, dark pants and dark colored shoes.
If you have any information as to the identity or whereabouts of the suspect you are urged to contact police immediately by calling 215-686-TIPS (8477).
south philadelphia, point breeze, philadelphia, theft, local/state
- Comfortable, but breezy. 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- Comfortable, but breezy.
15 min ago