Suspect wanted in Point Breeze car break-ins
POINT BREEZE - May 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the man who smashed a car window before taking personal items from the vehicle - and it was all caught on camera.
It was 5:00 p.m. back on April 11, 2012 when a man on a bicycle approached several parked cars near the corner of 17th and Annin Streets in the Point Breeze section of the city.
The man smashed out a window on one of the cars. He then reached in and took personal items, including a laptop in a carry case.
Surveillance video captured the man making entry into other vehicles parked along the 1700 block of Annin Street.
He then hopped on his bicycle with the stolen items and rode away.
The suspect is described as a black male, between 20 and 30 years of age, with short hair, heavy build, wearing glasses, a green jacket, a blue shirt, dark pants and dark colored shoes.
If you have any information as to the identity or whereabouts of the suspect you are urged to contact police immediately by calling 215-686-TIPS (8477).
south philadelphia, point breeze, philadelphia, theft, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos