Parents cited for fight at Montco school
LANSDALE, Pa. - May 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two parents have been cited for a fight at a high school boy's lacrosse game in Montgomery County.
The incident happened on Wednesday at Lansdale Catholic High School. Police say during the game, between Lansdale Catholic and Archbishop Wood, the parents got into a verbal confrontation about "which of their children was better suited to play a particular position."
The parents stepped away from the field and continued to argue, police say. The fight then turned physical, with both parents suffering minor injuries.
Police say a witness to the altercation confirmed both parents version of the events.
One parent was treated on scene by ambulance personnel and both were cited for disorderly conduct and released.
Both parents are in their early 50's. One lives in Jenkintown, Pa. and one lives in Jamison, Pa. Police say their names are not being released because they "had the sense to step away from the field and out of view of the other adults, and more importantly, from the students playing on the field."
pennsylvania, montgomery county, fight, local/state
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- First book printed in U.S. on display in...
38 min ago
- 13-year-old driver accused of being drunk
20 min ago