Police involved in NE Philadelphia shooting
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - May 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police were involved in a shooting this afternoon in Northeast Philadelphia.
The incident happened shortly before 4:00 p.m. on the 500 block of West Hill Creek Drive.
Police were responding to a robbery in progress when the shooting occurred.
It is not clear what sparked the shooting; however, police discharged their weapon striking a 27-year-old male in the hip.
The male was transported to Albert Einstein Medical Center in stable condition.
Police continue to investigate.
philadelphia, police, shooting, northeast philadelphia, local/state
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 59 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday 13 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years 35 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall