Man killed in North Phila. triple shooting ID'd
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - May 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- One man was killed and two others wounded in a triple shooting in North Philadelphia early Sunday morning.
It happened around 1:30 a.m. along the 2000 block of North 4th Street.
Authorities say gunfire erupted between a man in a moving car and a 23-year-old male on the street, identified as Pete Hopkins from the 1900 block of North Marshal Street.
Hopkins was shot twice in the chest and died.
The man in the vehicle tried to flee but crashed his car along the 1100 block of Norris Street. He was taken to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
Another person - only described as a 19-year-old man was also taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition.
Police are unsure what sparked the shooting and an investigation continues.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos