Man killed in North Phila. triple shooting ID'd
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - May 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- One man was killed and two others wounded in a triple shooting in North Philadelphia early Sunday morning.
It happened around 1:30 a.m. along the 2000 block of North 4th Street.
Authorities say gunfire erupted between a man in a moving car and a 23-year-old male on the street, identified as Pete Hopkins from the 1900 block of North Marshal Street.
Hopkins was shot twice in the chest and died.
The man in the vehicle tried to flee but crashed his car along the 1100 block of Norris Street. He was taken to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
Another person - only described as a 19-year-old man was also taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition.
Police are unsure what sparked the shooting and an investigation continues.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Firefighters rescue 3 children from Southwest Philadelphia house fire 9 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos