24-year-old sophomore found dead in IUP dorm room
INDIANA, Pa. (AP) - May 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A coroner says a 24-year-old student at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania has been found dead in his dorm room.
Indiana County coroner Michael Baker says Daniel Martin Engler was found dead just after midnight Sunday in Wallwork Hall. The coroner says prescription drugs, drug paraphernalia and alcohol were found in Engler's room.
Engler was from New Kensington.
Baker says a cause of death hasn't yet been determined, but foul play is not suspected. Baker says it appears Engler had been dead for more than 12 hours when he was discovered.
IUP is located about 55 miles northeast of Pittsburgh. It has about 15,000 students.
pennsylvania, pittsburgh, college, local/state
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 29 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 59 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 16 min ago