24-year-old sophomore found dead in IUP dorm room
INDIANA, Pa. (AP) - May 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A coroner says a 24-year-old student at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania has been found dead in his dorm room.
Indiana County coroner Michael Baker says Daniel Martin Engler was found dead just after midnight Sunday in Wallwork Hall. The coroner says prescription drugs, drug paraphernalia and alcohol were found in Engler's room.
Engler was from New Kensington.
Baker says a cause of death hasn't yet been determined, but foul play is not suspected. Baker says it appears Engler had been dead for more than 12 hours when he was discovered.
IUP is located about 55 miles northeast of Pittsburgh. It has about 15,000 students.
pennsylvania, pittsburgh, college, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apartments 11 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
8 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
11 min ago