24-year-old sophomore found dead in IUP dorm room
INDIANA, Pa. (AP) - May 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A coroner says a 24-year-old student at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania has been found dead in his dorm room.
Indiana County coroner Michael Baker says Daniel Martin Engler was found dead just after midnight Sunday in Wallwork Hall. The coroner says prescription drugs, drug paraphernalia and alcohol were found in Engler's room.
Engler was from New Kensington.
Baker says a cause of death hasn't yet been determined, but foul play is not suspected. Baker says it appears Engler had been dead for more than 12 hours when he was discovered.
IUP is located about 55 miles northeast of Pittsburgh. It has about 15,000 students.
pennsylvania, pittsburgh, college, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed