Police seek answers in 4-month-old's death
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - May 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- There is a quest for answers in the death of an Upper Darby infant.
On November 6th, paramedics responded to 126 North Fairfield Avenue.
4-month-old Jaden Jones was unresponsive in his crib.
He was rushed to a local hospital, revived, but died a few days later at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
"On May 1st, we were informed that the medical examiner was ruling the baby's death a homicide," Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said.
Initially, police say there were no outward signs of abuse on Jaden's body. That is, until an autopsy was performed.
"At the time of the autopsy it was determined that there was a fracture of the right femur on the bone, which is consistent with child abuse," Chitwood said.
Investigators say four people were in the home the night he was found unresponsive: his mother, 16-year-old sister, older cousin, and a male friend.
Police say all of them were cooperative in November, but now they are not talking.
"Everybody has refused to cooperate. That child was killed in that house and one of those four people was responsible for that child's death," Chitwood said.
Jaden's uncle says the family has been advised by lawyers not to comment and says he was unaware a medical examiner has ruled the baby's death a homicide.
"I'm the uncle and I live here. What you are telling me, that's news to me, " Ed Jones said.
"I think that's it's unconscionable and outrageous that everybody would totally shut down," Chitwood said.
pennsylvania, delaware county, homicide, baby death, local/state, chad pradelli
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 58 min ago
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 33 min ago
- Jordan Brown murder case goes to Pa. high court 50 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 43 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm