Police seek answers in 4-month-old's death
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - May 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- There is a quest for answers in the death of an Upper Darby infant.
On November 6th, paramedics responded to 126 North Fairfield Avenue.
4-month-old Jaden Jones was unresponsive in his crib.
He was rushed to a local hospital, revived, but died a few days later at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
"On May 1st, we were informed that the medical examiner was ruling the baby's death a homicide," Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said.
Initially, police say there were no outward signs of abuse on Jaden's body. That is, until an autopsy was performed.
"At the time of the autopsy it was determined that there was a fracture of the right femur on the bone, which is consistent with child abuse," Chitwood said.
Investigators say four people were in the home the night he was found unresponsive: his mother, 16-year-old sister, older cousin, and a male friend.
Police say all of them were cooperative in November, but now they are not talking.
"Everybody has refused to cooperate. That child was killed in that house and one of those four people was responsible for that child's death," Chitwood said.
Jaden's uncle says the family has been advised by lawyers not to comment and says he was unaware a medical examiner has ruled the baby's death a homicide.
"I'm the uncle and I live here. What you are telling me, that's news to me, " Ed Jones said.
"I think that's it's unconscionable and outrageous that everybody would totally shut down," Chitwood said.
pennsylvania, delaware county, homicide, baby death, local/state, chad pradelli
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 18 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?