Lafayette College student from NJ dies
EASTON, Pa. - May 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- His name is Everett Glenn, but his friends knew him as "Mr. Mayor" because of his way to make friends quickly.
Students at Lafayette College say you would be hard-pressed to find another person as likable as Everett.
"You always noticed when he was there because he was such a fun guy. He was always smiling; he was always making jokes," freshman Emily Homan said.
"Every time you saw him, he was smiling, he was really upbeat, friends with everybody," senior Glen Robinson said.
This past Saturday was the freshman's 19th birthday and so he reportedly spent the day partying with friends.
Hours later he was found unresponsive inside his dorm room.
Everett was then taken to Easton Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Glenn's mother, Joanne Glenn, told The (Easton) Express-Times that her son had been drinking as he celebrated.
"He was drinking too much and then he went to his room and he laid down," Glenn said after a prayer service on campus.
She said an emergency room doctor told her that the cause of death was cardiac arrest.
However, Northampton County Coroner's Office will not confirm the cause of death until the toxicology test results come in.
Meantime, school officials say his popularity was manifest on Saturday night at the memorial service that was held on-campus in his honor and nearly a third of the student body showed up.
"He was a great kid, a lot of fun to be around, and, he apparently, from the memorial service and lots of other events, it was pretty obvious that he had touched a lot of lives and made a big impact on people," senior Nripsh Paragal said.
"The students are definitely feeling real bad about this and we just hope for the best for his family," freshman Brya Freeland said.
The coroner's office says foul play is not suspected.
Everett Glenn's funeral arrangements are being put together by his parents in his hometown of Clifton, New Jersey.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
college, northampton county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 9 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fire crews battle house fire in Montgomery...
58 min ago