Bicyclist struck by car in Lawrence Twp., Mercer Co.
LAWRENCE TWP., N.J. - May 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- A bicyclist was hospitalized with what are described as serious injuries after being struck by a car in Lawrence Township, New Jersey.
Police say it was shortly after 9:00 a.m. when the man was riding on the shoulder of north Route 1 as he approached the I-295 Interchange. That's where he was struck by a car travelling in one of two lanes coming from I-295 merging onto Route 1.
The bicyclist was transported to Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton in very serious condition.
The driver of the striking vehicle was not injured but went to the hospital because he was very upset and distraught.
Police have not identified the victim.
There is no word at this time on whether the driver will face charges.
mercer county, new jersey, bicyclist struck, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos