Bicyclist struck by car in Lawrence Twp., Mercer Co.
LAWRENCE TWP., N.J. - May 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- A bicyclist was hospitalized with what are described as serious injuries after being struck by a car in Lawrence Township, New Jersey.
Police say it was shortly after 9:00 a.m. when the man was riding on the shoulder of north Route 1 as he approached the I-295 Interchange. That's where he was struck by a car travelling in one of two lanes coming from I-295 merging onto Route 1.
The bicyclist was transported to Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton in very serious condition.
The driver of the striking vehicle was not injured but went to the hospital because he was very upset and distraught.
Police have not identified the victim.
There is no word at this time on whether the driver will face charges.
mercer county, new jersey, bicyclist struck, local/state
- Mom of tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 10 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mom of tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
10 min ago