Coast Guard: Man dies while diving off NJ coast
MANASQUAN INLET, N.J. - May 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Coast Guard officials say a man has died while diving in waters just off the central New Jersey coast.
A crewmember aboard the commercial dive vessel Sea Lion notified Coast Guard Station Manasquan around 8:40 a.m. Sunday that a diver had just left the water and was having difficulty breathing. The man, whose name not immediately released, had been diving near the Manasquan Inlet.
The Coast Guard station dispatched a 47-foot motor life boat crew, which included two emergency medical technicians who boarded the dive vessel to treat the man as he was taken back to the station. The diver was then taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Officials say the cause of death was not immediately known.
new jersey, drowning, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 47 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 6 min ago
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos