Coast Guard: Man dies while diving off NJ coast
MANASQUAN INLET, N.J. - May 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Coast Guard officials say a man has died while diving in waters just off the central New Jersey coast.
A crewmember aboard the commercial dive vessel Sea Lion notified Coast Guard Station Manasquan around 8:40 a.m. Sunday that a diver had just left the water and was having difficulty breathing. The man, whose name not immediately released, had been diving near the Manasquan Inlet.
The Coast Guard station dispatched a 47-foot motor life boat crew, which included two emergency medical technicians who boarded the dive vessel to treat the man as he was taken back to the station. The diver was then taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Officials say the cause of death was not immediately known.
new jersey, drowning, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station