Coast Guard: Man dies while diving off NJ coast
MANASQUAN INLET, N.J. - May 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Coast Guard officials say a man has died while diving in waters just off the central New Jersey coast.
A crewmember aboard the commercial dive vessel Sea Lion notified Coast Guard Station Manasquan around 8:40 a.m. Sunday that a diver had just left the water and was having difficulty breathing. The man, whose name not immediately released, had been diving near the Manasquan Inlet.
The Coast Guard station dispatched a 47-foot motor life boat crew, which included two emergency medical technicians who boarded the dive vessel to treat the man as he was taken back to the station. The diver was then taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Officials say the cause of death was not immediately known.
new jersey, drowning, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos