2 wanted in strong-arm robbery of Hunting Park store
HUNTING PARK - May 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have released surveillance video from the strong-arm robbery of a convenience store in the city's hunting Park section late last month.
It was 8:15 a.m. on April 28, 2012 when a male with his hood up entered the Irma Mini Market located at 1901 West Brunner Street.
Surveillance video shows the male ask the store employee about an item before leaving. He then returned five minutes later and while asking about the same item he grabbed the employee, covered his mouth and forced him to the floor.
A second suspect then ran into the store, bolted right to the counter and attempted to open the cash register. When he couldn't open the register, he picked it up and both suspects then fled the market.
The first suspect is described as black male with a medium complexion, standing 6'0?, weighing 180 pounds, clean shaven, wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, with white lettering on the front, blue jeans and black sneakers.
The second suspect is described by police as a black male with a medium complexion, 6'0?, 180 pounds, wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt, and dark pants. The suspect also had his face partially covered with a white mask.
If you have any information as top the identity or whereabouts of the suspects you are urged to contact police at 215-686-TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
hunting park, philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 44 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
44 min ago