Murder charge in Kutztown U. parking lot dragging
READING, Pa. (AP) - May 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey man already serving a prison sentence for dragging his girlfriend behind his pickup three years ago is now charged with murder in her death from injuries police say resulted from the same incident.
Michael Morrone was charged Tuesday with third-degree murder in the March 18 death of Christine McGhee, who was severely injured when she was dragged across a Kutztown University parking lot in December 2008.
Morrone, of Marlton, N.J., was convicted two years ago of aggravated assault and related charges and is currently serving at least five years in prison.
State police in Reading say McGhee, of Warminster, died of brain injuries sustained when she was dragged behind Morrone's truck after an argument.
It was not immediately clear if Morrone had an attorney.
pennsylvania, bucks county, reading, assault, berks county, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 31 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ