Murder charge in Kutztown U. parking lot dragging
READING, Pa. (AP) - May 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey man already serving a prison sentence for dragging his girlfriend behind his pickup three years ago is now charged with murder in her death from injuries police say resulted from the same incident.
Michael Morrone was charged Tuesday with third-degree murder in the March 18 death of Christine McGhee, who was severely injured when she was dragged across a Kutztown University parking lot in December 2008.
Morrone, of Marlton, N.J., was convicted two years ago of aggravated assault and related charges and is currently serving at least five years in prison.
State police in Reading say McGhee, of Warminster, died of brain injuries sustained when she was dragged behind Morrone's truck after an argument.
It was not immediately clear if Morrone had an attorney.
pennsylvania, bucks county, reading, assault, berks county, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
54 min ago
- Skydiver gets tangled with landing plane
41 min ago
- Student meets bone marrow recipient for...
38 min ago