Search for missing teen in Schuylkill River
WEST READING, Pa. - May 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Berks County crews are combing the Schuylkill River for a missing swimmer.
Witnesses report that at around 2:30 p.m. two teens jumped into the river near South 1st and Chestnut streets in West Reading.
One teen was able to get out of the water, the other did not.
The search has been called off for the night.
It is now a recovery effort.
pennsylvania, berks county, reading, missing children, missing person, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos