Police: Pa. boy shoots sister, 5, with BB gun
LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) - May 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a 5-year-old girl has suffered serious injuries after her 7-year-old brother shot her in the forehead with a BB gun at their home in Lancaster.
The Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era reports (http://bit.ly/JDme3D ) the girl underwent emergency surgery at Hershey Medical Center on Thursday. She had been treated at Lancaster General Hospital after being shot in the kitchen of her home on Wednesday.
Police say the shooting happened in the kitchen and that the BB penetrated the girl's skull and brain, causing a serious head injury. She is listed in critical condition.
The investigation is continuing, but no charges have been filed. Names have not been released.
pennsylvania, lancaster county, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 26 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery 8 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 11 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire 22 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 10 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
26 min ago