Elderly woman robbed at Del. Super Fresh
NEW CASTLE, Del. - May 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are seeking the public's help in identifying a female suspect who robbed an 85-year-old woman.
The incident occurred Wednesday morning at the Super Fresh on the 200 block of New Castle Avenue in New Castle, Delaware.
Police say the elderly woman was pushing a shopping cart when she was approached by a female suspect.
The suspect attempted to remove the victim's purse which was located inside of the cart.
Police say the victim, however, had a hold of the purse.
The suspect and the victim then began to struggle over the purse which caused the victim to fall to the ground.
The suspect was then able to wrestle the purse from the victim.
She then fled from the store and was last seen running toward Stamm Boulevard.
The victim, who was injured during the struggle, was transported to the Christiana Hospital Trauma Center for care.
The suspect is described as a black female, 25-32 years of age, 5'9-6' tall, 120-130 pounds. She was last seen wearing a flannel shirt and blue jeans.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Christian Brown at Troop 2 at 302-834-2630 ext. 213 or ext. 6.
delaware, new castle county, robbery, local/state
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Witnesses: Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade 54 min ago
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case 38 min ago
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion 23 min ago
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen