Driver flees after crashing pickup into pole, house
HOLMESBURG - May 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- An out of control pickup truck crashed into a utility pole, a parked car and then came to rest against a home in the Holmesburg section of Philadelphia early Friday.
The crash happened around 2:45 a.m. near the intersection of Rhawn and Charles streets.
Police say the driver fled the scene on foot.
The accident brought down wires across the road. Crews were called out to make repairs to the damaged pole and wires.
holmesburg, philadelphia, accident, hit and run, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 11 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 8 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 54 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
26 min ago