Driver flees after crashing pickup into pole, house
HOLMESBURG - May 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- An out of control pickup truck crashed into a utility pole, a parked car and then came to rest against a home in the Holmesburg section of Philadelphia early Friday.
The crash happened around 2:45 a.m. near the intersection of Rhawn and Charles streets.
Police say the driver fled the scene on foot.
The accident brought down wires across the road. Crews were called out to make repairs to the damaged pole and wires.
holmesburg, philadelphia, accident, hit and run, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 17 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street 19 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- South Street area restaurants damaged, burglarized
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges 2 min ago
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 5 min ago
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela...
5 min ago