2nd arrest in baby's overdose death in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - May 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say they have made a second arrest in a baby's overdose death in the summer of 2011.
Viameri Santana-Berrios, 27, from the 2700 block of Helen Street was arrested on Thursday.
She is charged with Murder, Criminal Conspiracy, Endangering the Welfare of a Child and related offenses in the murder of 9-month-old Milton Galarza-Rojas.
Oscar Sanchez-Rivera, 24, of the 1900 block of E Market Street in Bethlehem, was arrested in April on the same charges.
It was back on July 26th when medics, responding to a 911 call at 2:30 a.m. in the 4500 block of North 7th Street, found the baby non-responsive.
He was rushed to St. Christopher's Hospital where he was pronounced dead just after 3:00 a.m.
The medical examiner determined the cause of death was heroin and cocaine intoxication.
baby death, drugs, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 19 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
14 min ago
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
19 min ago