2nd arrest in baby's overdose death in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - May 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say they have made a second arrest in a baby's overdose death in the summer of 2011.
Viameri Santana-Berrios, 27, from the 2700 block of Helen Street was arrested on Thursday.
She is charged with Murder, Criminal Conspiracy, Endangering the Welfare of a Child and related offenses in the murder of 9-month-old Milton Galarza-Rojas.
Oscar Sanchez-Rivera, 24, of the 1900 block of E Market Street in Bethlehem, was arrested in April on the same charges.
It was back on July 26th when medics, responding to a 911 call at 2:30 a.m. in the 4500 block of North 7th Street, found the baby non-responsive.
He was rushed to St. Christopher's Hospital where he was pronounced dead just after 3:00 a.m.
The medical examiner determined the cause of death was heroin and cocaine intoxication.
baby death, drugs, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 58 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 22 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 15 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co. 26 min ago
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering